Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yudu...Yes, I do!!


So I usually do not make HUGE purchases, but after ALOT of research I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Yudu Screen-printing Machine. I've been wanting to get into screen-printing my own paper goods, tote bags and tees so I thought that this would be a good step in the right direction.
Here are all the things that will be included with my Yudu:
Screen printing machine - measures approx. 11-1/2"L x 32"W x 22"H (It is a mother of a machine!!)
3 blank ink-jet transparencies
2 emulsion sheets
Adult t-shirt platen
Platen adhesive sheet
Mesh screen
2 oz. black Yudu ink
Squeegee
Instructional DVD
(4) 15-watt bulbs, included
User manual
Now they do mention that you shouldn't use any other inks for this machine because it will ruin the screen. So I'll have to order more inks in various colors. Other than that I think this will be a great investment. I did want to get a Gocco because I read so many wonderful things about that machine as well, but since its discontinuation they have been difficult to find for the right price and the bulbs must be replaced quite frequently.....maybe I'll get one a bit later, but for now I'll stick to the Yudu.
Once I start working on some projects I'll be sure to post pictures and a better review of its quality. Also, if you haven't already, be sure to enter a comment for the Luchador giveaway-the winner will be announced Monday!!
Bye for now!
:D Kristine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you make. -I'm a Yudu'er too...and I'm blogg'n about it.